Below is a pretty candid list of things to think about when planning your wedding day. Just remember that no planned event is ever PERFECT. So try to enjoy the process with your fiance and just know everything ends up working out for your big day.
- Hire a planner! No one really talks about HOW much really goes into planning a wedding. It’s a lot. So buckle up.
- Hire a videographer. This is typically the last item on the budget list and gets skipped in the end. But it’s by far the #1 regret I ever hear after the wedding.
- Order a custom made hanger from etsy for your wedding dress. It is beautiful for photos.
- Skip the traditions if you don’t like them. For the last 2 years or so couples have been skipping garter and bouquet toss all together. Even cake cutting is becoming less and less popular. Couples don’t want to stop the reception party to have their guests come watch them cut a cake. Bottom line, do what makes you two happy for your perfect day, not what you think you have to do because of tradition.
5. Ask the caterer and baker to pack you up some food and cake. It’s such a long day with little time to actually enjoy your food.
6. Don’t forget to make your custom hashtag!
7. Make sure your wedding party knows how much it means to you and your fiance that they are sharing in your special time. Not just the wedding day but the parties and showers as well.
8. Make a separate email account just for your wedding planning.
9. If you’re on a budget, try and skip the things that are just used once on a wedding day. Like personalized bridesmaids robes, personalized shirts, you get the picture. They’re cute, but if things get tight, they are easy to skip.
10. Put your MOH in charge of your phone day of. Enjoy the moments and let someone else handle all the last minute questions. Be present.
11. Dress in something cute for hair and makeup. Typically you’re being photographed so keep that in mind.
12. Start the getting ready timeline way earlier than you think! Girls take forever to get ready.
13. Work in those new shoes! I know you want to keep them clean, but you don’t want your feet hurting on your big day. Also if you’re putting pads in the bottom or tips on heels. Do it AFTER they are photographed in detail shots.
14. Plan food for the guys and girls in the getting ready time. THere’s usually lots of alcohol, but let’s make sure everyone eats too.
15. Drink plenty of water! One of my earliest weddings in my career had a groom fall and bust his head open and have to leave to the ER. Our Florida days are HOT, and it’s easy to get dehydrated.
16. Exit photos are beautiful. Depending on the venue you can do sparklers, streamers, glow sticks, petals, confetti, bubbles. Sparklers are my favorite for photos.
17. Make a list of your family photos. ONLY put the ones on there that actually matter to you. This will be your least favorite part of your day (and your hubs!) so just keep it as trimmed as possible.
18. Consider donating your florals to a nursing home.
19. Make time for each other. The wedding day is so scattered and rushed. You’ll be pulled in a million directions. But make sure and find each other and spend it together.
20. Know that the next morning can be a little bit of a downer. When you’ve been planning for something for so long and then it’s gone, it can be a bit of an adjustment.
Jacksonville Engagement and Wedding Photography
Tips for planning your wedding day.
Tonya Beaver Photography Studio location, Jacksonville Beach FL
Tonya Beaver Photography is a photo studio located in Jacksonville Beach, Florida providing: newborn, children, family, engagement, and wedding photography.